The Energy Lab, a new evolution in coffee and tea in Clermont, Fl.
The first and only craft coffee shop of it’s kind. With a focus on single origin, artisan coffee, and with distinct and unique brewing methods, The Energy Lab introduces Clermont to Third Wave Coffee. Serving only coffee rated at 87 points or higher. Only 1% of the coffee sold in the world rates this high.
Featuring only American made state of the art equipment, The Energy Lab will feature two of the most sought after machines ever made. For espresso, the Energy Lab will feature the infamous Slayer. The Slayer is widely considered one of the more magical modern espresso machines on the market. They’re hand-built, and less than 30 of them exist in coffee shops around the country. It offers baristas unique control over water pressure allowing for low pressure extractions, longer, slower pulls and richer and deeper flavor shots. The Energy Lab, will showcase the first and only Alphadominche, Steampunk. A first of it’s kind full immersion precision brew on demand cup of coffee, able to replicate a French press. Pour over or siphon, just to name a few brewing methods. In addition the Energy Lab will feature juices, smoothies, cold brew coffe on tap, Kambucha tea on tap, and more.
We are searching for an unabashed, experienced and energetic Barista to join our growing team. The Barista is responsible for the quality of the coffee and hospitality program at his/her cafe, acting as an in-store extension of our Barista Training and Quality Control Departments. The Barista serves as a role model to their teams in their own hospitality, drink and food preparation, as well as takes significant responsibility for on-the-job education and training of those team members. This is a great role for someone who has already demonstrated a high level of skill and performance in coffee, food and hospitality and wants to help nurture others to do the same The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, is passionate about the food and beverage industry and enjoys working with people. You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a fun atmosphere where both customers and employees have a great experience that’s welcoming and engaging.
- Ensure that the drinks, food and hospitality in your cafe consistently meet Energy Lab’s high standards by educating, coaching and developing new and current team members
- Lead by example at all times, showing your cafe how a highly skilled and hospitable barista approaches his/her work in preparing drinks and food, serving guests, and helping teammates
- Develop strong and successful working relationships with co-workers and promote a spirit of inclusivity and teamwork among all team members in your cafe
- Regularly taste coffee drinks made by baristas at your cafe to ensure consistently high quality that meets our standards
- Offer positive and/or constructive feedback to team members on the quality and consistency of drink preparation, food preparation, cleanliness, professionalism, and customer service
- Be knowledgeable on each rotation of coffee offerings (attributes, preparation) through cuppings and coordination with the Training, Quality Control, Production teams
- Be knowledgeable on each food offering (attributes, ingredients, preparation) through coordination with your Manager and details provided by Culinary’s informational sheets
- Release new coffee and food offerings in your cafe, working with the manager to decide when new offerings will be put on bar and then educate and inform your cafe team about them
- Organize and lead public, coffee-related events to reach out to new guests and engage existing guests to have a stronger connection to your cafe
- Partner closely with the Barista Training department to roll out new techniques and information to your cafe
- Someone who enthusiastically shares their knowledge and passion with others and thrives in helping groups learn, especially when ‘geeking out’ on coffee and food
- A role model for others who is a shining example of our coffee and food quality and hospitality standards in how he/she approaches preparation and serving our guests
- A fantastic teacher who loves coaching and is patient and adaptive in helping others of different styles and backgrounds succeed
- A superb and direct communicator who imparts information to individuals or large groups effectively and delivers constructive feedback in a way that is effective and kind
- Professional and reliable - your manager, teammates in your cafe, and colleagues in other departments can always depend on you and get a timely response or assistance
- Excited to grow as a leader and broaden your knowledge of the cafe and at the Energy Lab by learning and developing yourself in coffee, food, cafe operations, and people development and management
- 18 years or older
- 6+ months working in a specialty coffee retail environment.
- You must be at least 5'6" in height, due to our machines height.
A few benefits we offer:
- Free drinks at the cafe.
- Discounts on any Energy Lab food items and merchandise.
- Discount on any Epic Cycles Merchanidse or products.
- Discount to Re:nue Lounge and RedLava Training studio.
If you’re ready to help bring amazing products to life, please apply by uploading a cover letter and resume that includes at least three professional references. We can’t wait to meet you!